How to use avocado oil for the skin?
Skincare users are finding more diverse ways to use avocado oil for the skin to harness its moisturizing properties. Here are some simple yet effective ways to include avocado in your skincare regimen:
Avocado Oil Face Mask
- You can add other ingredients to avocado oil like honey to create an enhanced facial mask. Both of these ingredients combined are highly effective in treating wounds and inflammation.
- Apply the mixture to your face, avoiding the eyes, and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat your face dry.
- You may also use a ripe avocado as a face mask to mix with avocado oil. You would apply the mixture to your face and repeat the same steps above before cleansing your face of the mask.
Avocado Oil as a Facial Moisturizer
- After cleansing your face, apply a few drops of avocado oil to your skin.
- Gently massage the oil into your skin, focusing on areas that may be dry or need extra hydration.
- Leave the oil on for around 15 minutes. If desired, use avocado oil as a nightly moisturizer for added nourishment.
Avocado Oil as a Moisturizer
- In addition to the face, avocado oil can be used to moisturize other parts of the body. When combined with other essential oils after bathing, avocado oil can enhance moisturization in the skin.
- Once you have finished massaging the mixture into the skin, pat the skin dry so you don’t irritate the skin and regress progress.
- If preferred, you can use avocado oil solo, as it works just as well on its own to hydrate the skin.
Additionally, avocado oil is good friends with many other hydrating and efficient ingredients. When paired with retinol, absorption is increased and there is typically less skin irritation that is often caused by the use of retinol. To ensure full moisturization, try incorporating a humectant like hyaluronic acid into your routine, which is highly compatible with avocado oil. You should always apply the product with hyaluronic acid as an active ingredient first and then layer it with facial oils. Otherwise, the oils rest on top of the humectant barrier as hyaluronic acid is unable to deeply penetrate oil barriers.
One of our most innovative formulations in a long line of nourishing products includes avocado oil as an active ingredient. Opuntia-C™ Relief Cleansing Balm is a unique and carefully crafted addition to any routine, focusing on the removal of makeup impurities without causing symptoms of dryness and irritation.
Originating from the heart of our brand, this formula couldn’t be complete without the dedicated mind of Yoo Byung Sung, a Korean cactus researcher and professor at Dongduk University. What started as an ordinary father’s mission to help his daughter with her sensitive skin condition resulted in a product that speaks volumes about our ultimate purpose. It consists of the powerful properties of avocado oil, as well as notable allies Korean cactus, squalane, and Vitamin E.