If you have sensitive skin, you know that finding the right facial soap can be a challenge. You want something that will clean your face without leaving it feeling dry and irritated. Facial bar soaps are all the rage these days, and for good reason. They're gentle, they lather well, and they leave your skin feeling clean and refreshed. If you're not using a facial bar soap, you're missing out! Keep reading to see why you should make the switch.
What Causes Sensitive Skin?
First, it's important to understand why sensitive skin occurs. It is usually characterized by itchiness, redness, burning, and tightness. There are many causes, ranging from genetics to harsh ingredients in skincare or household products. That's why it is essential to understand what products you are using and whether they contain harsh ingredients that might irritate your skin. If you have more questions about why you might have sensitive skin, you can check with your dermatologist.
Why Should I Use Facial Bar Soap?
Gel cleansers may be popular, but facial bar soaps are actually superior in many ways. Here are some of the reasons why facial bar soaps are better for sensitive skin.
- Fewer Irritants: Facial bar soaps are made with cleaner ingredients that are gentle on your skin. Gel and other facial cleansers typically contain more ingredients to extend their shelf life that bar cleansers don't need, including irritating parabens and fragrances. Bar soaps, as a result, can have a higher concentration of beneficial ingredients.
- More Eco-Friendly: While gel cleansers require more complex packaging with harmful materials like plastic, bar soaps require simple paper packaging that is biodegradable and more sustainable.
- Affordable Alternative: Facial bar soaps are affordable, so you can get a great facial cleansing routine without breaking the bank. They also tend to last longer since you don't need to use as much each time you wash your face. This is because they lather well, so you can get a good clean without using a lot of product.
The Best Facial Bar Soap For Sensitive Skin
Although some facial bar soaps can be drying, we found a way to provide all of the benefits of bar soaps without stripping the skin of its natural oils.
The Cleansing Bar is specifically designed to exfoliate and cleanse the skin gently. This bar creates a silky lather that hydrates and smooths out the skin.
The cleanser's core ingredients work together to lock in moisture, remove bacteria, and remove excess oil without drying out the skin.
Here are a few reasons why this bar is our top pick for sensitive skin.
- Deeply Cleanses: Micro foam allows the bar to deeply clean your pores and remove oil, dirt, and makeup. Lauric acid, naturally found in coconut oil, removes bacteria to combat acne and clogged pores.
- Maintains Moisture: This cleanser contains goat's milk, which has the same pH level as human skin, so sensitive skin will not be irritated because the skin's natural microbiome is not disturbed. The bar also has hydrolyzed silk, which helps boost elasticity and protects the skin's barrier to retain moisture.
- Restores Radiance: The bar gently exfoliates the skin to remove dead skin cells, smoothing skin and restoring a youthful glow.
How To Use Facial Bar Soap
Facial bar soap is applied similarly to body bar soap, but we've written out a few simple steps to ensure you avoid irritating your skin.
- Moisten your hands with water and gently lather the soap bar in your palms for a few seconds.
- Once enough foam has built up, apply it to your face and massage it over your face, neck, and chest as needed.
- Rinse off the foam with lukewarm water.
- Pat the skin dry. Be careful not to rub your face to avoid irritation.
main ingredients to look out for
The kind ingredients incorporated into this bar will give your skin an intense hydration boost, whilst facilitating moisture retention, as well as firming the skin. With the key ingredient being goats milk, this bar will also help maintain the PH level of your skin- preventing irritation that would commonly come with other bars.
Goats milk and human skin have the same pH levels, this makes it incredibly nourishing for even the most sensitive skin. Goats milk is also extremely soothing and has antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory qualities due to its high fatty acid makeup.
Obtained from the spent cocoon of the silkworm, this ingredient is excellent at promoting elasticity and helping achieve a smooth complexion. It also helps the skin's water barrier to retain moisture, making sure your skin does not feel stripped after cleansing.
An amazing humectant that pulls moisture from the deeper levels of your skin and the air to your outer skin later. This ingredient keeps that moisture locked into the skin and also helps shield the skin from environmental sources of irritation.
This ingredient is a fatty acid that is naturally found in coconut milk and oil, it is considered the No.1 anti-bacterial ingredient in skincare and it known to effectively help combat acne and pimples.
The Final Verdict: do you need a facial bar soap?
If you're not using a facial bar soap, you're missing out on a cleansing experience that's gentle, refreshing, and leaves your skin feeling clean!